Edit: I will be traveling out of the country from Dec 24th - Jan 9th. I don't know yet how internet accomodations will work, but this is a heads up in case I don't get around to commenting until I'm back from my trip!
Dear Yuletide Author,
Thank you so much for writing for me! I'm really, really pumped to read whatever you have in mind!
Firstly, please don't feel limited at all by what's in this letter. I've listed why I like these canons/characters/relationships and provided prompts just because I wish I can be at least a little helpful with providing some inspiration for you. If the prompts don't work for you but something else does, take it wherever you want it to go! If you have fun and are satisfied with the end-product, I assure you that is enough to make me happy. I adore all of these canons and am actually in each of them year-round, so moar fic for one of them is already enough to give me some holiday cheer!
Where to find me: magicasen @ AO3, einheriar @ tumblr. My journal is locked and I don't post on LJ anymore, so that's about the best you can do to stalk me - sorry!
Heads up: spoilers for each of my requested fandoms below.
- Every sort of relationship – romance, friendship, rivals, etc. I do have a super soft spot for a good familial relationship, especially if it's parent-child. Of course, the characters actually being related is secondary in importance.
- Genres: angst, fluff, humor, slice-of-life, action/adventure, pretty much anything excluding what's in my “dislikes” section!
- Some words describing emotions, impressions, or ideas I love in fic: wistfulness, bittersweetness, calm solitude, sharp and cutting, chilling, warm and fuzzy, gentle sweetness, quiet intensity, repression
- Backstory/missing scenes
- Character-focused stories
- What the heck, if it's a canon where I state that I ship it, I'm totally up for porn if that's what calls to you.
Dislikes – I actually do like many of these most of the time, but just not for these particular fandoms. Also, I don't have any triggers, so don't worry about those.
- Genres: Crack (silliness is fine! But not so much wtf-inducing humor)
- Alternate universes that are not canon-based (for want of a nail AUs? Awesome! Coffeeshops AUs? Not so much what I'm looking for right now.)
- If porn: slight kink is a-okay, but nothing especially kinky, please. Exception: see Tsukihime section
Fate/stay night (Visual Novel)
Archer, Emiya Kiritsugu
Sign-up details: If you haven't played the VN, Fate/Zero + Fate/stay night UBW anime knowledge would be enough!
I'd love to read about them meeting. I'm not sure if I'd like it more if only Archer knew Kiritsugu, or if both of them knew each other's identity. I'm also not sure if I'd like it more if this Archer was post-UBW or not. I think the answer is that as long as you explore the parallels, regrets, guilt, pain, and love between these two, I will be happy with any take on their possible meeting. With one caveat: please keep this request gen.
I hope you just went "...oh" at this request because Archer and Kiritsugu's relationship is one of the most compelling, fascinating, and downright heartbreaking relationships in the Fate/verse. And woefully unexplored, to boot. Archer only mentions Kiritsugu once in the VN, but us readers know that this is the man he admired and loved so much he followed his ideals straight into hell. And all Kiritsugu wanted was for Archer was to live fully and happily and not meet the same end he had to. The parallels! The idealistic heroes betrayed and shattered by the world itself! I would say please break my heart, but I would also love some type of happy meeting between them, but then I realized that would be redundant because it'd break my heart regardless. I do ask that their relationship be kept strictly familial.
A few prompts:
- Kiritsugu summons Archer. How does Archer react? How does Archer hide his identity from Kiritsugu, how does he act towards the father he adores, and how does he push Kiritsugu into possibly different actions to save his past-self (or, alternatively, to let his younger self die)?
- Kiritsugu and Archer meet somewhere in the afterlife - maybe in Avalon? How does Kiritsugu figure out or not figure out Archer's identity? How does Kiritsugu react? (I'd say it's probably with crippling guilt.) How do they attempt to interact with each other when the last time they really were together, Archer was an innocent child? Does either of them feel like they failed the other? If in Avalon, maybe Irisviel and Illya are there as well! I'm very invested in the idea of Archer and Irisviel interacting - you know she'd love him, but she loves everyone.
Love Live! School Idol Project
Toujou Nozomi, Ayase Eli, Yazawa Nico
Sign-up details: My precious third years! I adore their dynamic dearly. I would prefer fic where they're all already friends, so sometime after the formation of Muse. Either school-life era or post-graduation would be completely fine. They are very much my OT3, but canon-esque interactions would also make me happy (and honestly, they're shippy enough in canon!). Honestly, just make my darling girls happy.
Love Live has totally been my happy place this past year! Meanwhile, the mobile game is the bane of my existence :) This is definitely a fun, fluffy canon, although touches of bittersweetness are a-okay, especially since these three in particular have had quite the lonely pasts.
In particular, about these three: I love how much they love Muse and are devoted to it, and not just because of the idol aspect or even goals such as saving the school. There is sort of a wistfulness about them since they are the ones who have dealt with disappointment and loneliness and loss, and they are really the ones who would treasure the experience that Muse has given them. I like how they're not that great at communicating their feelings and are definitely the "quietest" of the year groups, but also the ones who are so firmly embedded in Muse and what they stand for. The dynamic I like for them...I really like Nozomi and Eli spoiling Nico, who tries to play it off but secretly enjoys it and the attention they shower on her. I also like Eli and Nico acknowledging Nozomi's lack of honesty in expressing her feelings and how they're able to fluster her, the girl who puts up such a collected demeanor all the time. I also like how Eli is both very mature and also a bit childish/innocent, and I really like the idea of Nozomi and Nico looking over and pampering their responsible (girl)friend who pushes herself a lot. I love, love that they would all do this for each other in different ways. For example, Nozomi likes to tease Nico, while Eli is very forthcoming and sweet to her. It's things like this that make me love them so much!
If you play the SIF game, this is like my FAVORITE STORY CHAPTER IN THE GAME EVER. I am also a huge fan of chapter 23, where all the girls help out Nozomi at the shrine. (Nozomi is actually my favorite, although Nico and Eli are a close second and third!)
A few prompts:
- Unfortunately, I haven't watched the movie yet so I can't prompt based on that, but as it comes out before Yuletide reveals feel free to include details from it if you wish. With one exception, the lyrics of ←HEARTBEAT are utterly hilarious even if I don't know the context of them (or even if there is any context?), but I would totally love fic based on it.
- Porn would be fantastic.
- I would love expansion on season 2 episode 4 (the Nico-centric one), particularly what happens afterward, even though the episode ended on a great note.
- I would really like the idea of songs being written for any of the trio - from the other two, perhaps? It'd be an adorable love confession, if so.
- In general, these girls would be so shy and flustered about confessing their feelings that any sort of get-together would be great (usually I see it as Eli/Nozomi inviting Nico into their relationship because, c'mon, it's Eli/Nozomi! But tbh, as long as they're in an adorable cuddle puddle in the end I don't mind which route you take)
Kohaku, Tohno Akiha
Sign-up details: I would really like post-canon fic. For the Near Side routes, Kohaku's (and by extension, Akiha's) fate is an unanswered burning question I have about the VN. SHIKI is gone, what now? I'm also interested in the answer for this in a post-Akiha's True End perspective, especially considering what happened to Shiki (please disregard the Kagetsu Tohya sidestory in this scenario). Post-Kohaku's True End, they have reached some understanding with each other, but there are years of things left unspoken between these two that they need to talk about; I would love to read this conversation. I do ship them, but as long their relationship is the main focus in the fic, I'm good!
I kind of wrote a ship manifesto on these two, so please feel free to peruse that. Also, don't feel obligated to have to write shipfic - their dynamic fascinates me regardless of romantic feelings or not. I love how obvious it is they really, truly care for each other, but I also love how painful being with each other is for them. I love how they lie to themselves and to each other about their relationship and how they feel about each other. I love how theoretically a very nice, long chat could have saved them both, but I also love how it would have been impossible for them because they both believed their relationship was broken to begin with. I also love, disregarding the sadness, how fucked up these two are, and how very little they care about themselves in comparison to others.
A few prompts:
- Post-Kohaku's True End: they had to have had a very long, in-depth, emotional conversation about where they stand with each other after the events of Kohaku's route. It was probably really painful and difficult, but it was one they've needed to have for years. I'd love you to show me how it would have played out.
- Post-Arcueid/Ciel's routes: What happened? Does Kohaku carry out her revenge? Kohaku's (and by extension, Akiha's) fate in the Near Side routes is the one burning question I have. Also, how does Hisui play a role here? I'm perfectly fine with unhappy endings, on that note - I wouldn't have requested these two if I wasn't prepared for tragedy.
- Post-Akiha's True End: Again, what happens? Akiha lost the love of her life (I would prefer you disregard the Kagetsu Tohya sidestory here) and SHIKI is gone. What does Kohaku do now? Does she feel too bad to do anything to Akiha at this point? Does she make up excuses to prevent herself, or does she pull through? I'd also love to see what you do with Hisui in this scenario, as well!
- I'd love porn for these two if you wanted to write that. Make it as vanilla or dirtybadwrong/kinky as you like - BDSM, bloodplay, knifeplay, torture - anything on the more violent side of kink except guro would be great!
- Hell, if you wanted to write really darkfic, by all means go ahead. These two have the potential to be incredibly fucked-up, so I actually wouldn't bat an eye at brutal murder or torture, to be honest. No rape though, please - dubcon is okay, though.